Saturday, July 12, 2014

let me tell you 'bout my best friend.

this is my aunt (the one I'm visiting), she's been my best friend since the day I was born. growing up she was always around, she braided my hair, rubbed my arm, fell asleep with me on the couch (or anywhere else), she swung with me on our swings, watched disney movies on repeat, she was always making me laugh, & telling me I'm beautiful.. I've always had an affinity for her. I was the flower girl in her wedding and right before the ceremony she tucked a tissue under the flowers and told me if she reached her hand out to me that meant she needed the tissue. I remember watching her walk down the isle, (she was so pretty) then at one point she secretly reached her hand back, I felt so special to be able to hand her that tissue. I had her back, we were best buds. I was only five when she got married and I don't remember much from that day but I will never forget that feeling. later down the road she moved to new york, then to florida, in between that she had two kids and we saw each other much less. but despite the distance she remained my best friend, and now our time together is cherished even more than it would be if she lived closer and it's never taken for granted. I don't know what I would do without her in my life, I'll always be her number one fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment